Solar Radiation Data Base
1991- 2010 Update
About the Update
The updated 1991-2010 National Solar Radiation Database holds solar and
meteorological data for 1,454 locations in the United States and its
National Climatic Data Center provides primary distribution of the NSRDB.
Welcome to the updated 1991-2010 National Solar Radiation Database!
Distribution of the NSRDB is authorized through the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), which
has experienced some ingest and cataloging delays for the updated NSRDB. To expedite release of
this data set to users, NREL has received temporary authorization for distribution of all NSRDB
products. In the near future, the content and organization of this web page will change as the
gridded and meteorological data sets are posted at NCDC. When these changes take effect, this
notice will be updated to clarify the best access for all data.
Please note that until the permanent distribution scheme is implemented, some sections of the
NSRDB User’s Manual (linked below) will incorrectly refer to NCDC web sites for data access.
NSRDB Research Solar Fields Data (No Meteorological Data)
- Hourly Solar Data and Statistical Summaries
- NSRDB_StationsMeta.csv (CSV, 112 KB)
Metadata file containing site USAF number, class, station name, coordinates, etc.
Measured Data - About 40 stations in the updated NSRDB
include measured solar data (1991-2005), supplied by these agencies:
- Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Program, DOE
- Florida Solar Energy Center, State of Florida
- Integrated Surface Irradiance Study (ISIS) and Surface Radiation Budget Measurement
(SURFRAD) Networks, NOAA/ARL, NOAA/ESRL/Global Monitoring Division
- Measurement and Instrumentation Data Center, NREL
- University of Oregon Solar Radiation Monitoring Laboratory Network
- University of Texas Solar Energy Laboratory.
Project Participants - Primary project funding came from NREL with
support from the following collaborators:
- The Atmospheric Sciences Research Center, State University of New York at Albany
- Climate Systems Branch, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Clean Power Research
- National Climatic Data Center, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Northeast Regional Climate Center, Cornell University
- Solar Consulting Services, Colebrook, New Hampshire
- Solar Radiation Monitoring Laboratory, University of Oregon.
Please send questions and comments to the
Disclaimer and copyright notice.
Return to RREDC Home Page ( http://www.nrel.gov/rredc )