||Saving Text Data from a Browser
Saving Text Data from a Browser
The output seen in the previous windw, the PVWatts results as text, exists only in your browser window.
In order to save it to your harddrive you
will need to do the following:
- In MS Internet Explorer™ (works for both PC and Mac):
- Make the window containing the hourly output active, either by
clicking on it or by selecting it from the Window menu.
- From the browser's File menu choose Save As.
- Enter a file name with file extension ".txt" or ".csv".
- Indicate where you wish to have the file saved.
- Select file format Plain Text.
- Click Save.
- In Mozilla Firefox (works for both PC and Mac):
- Make the window containing the hourly output active,
either by clicking on it
or by selecting it from the Window menu.
- In the Edit menu, click Select All.
- Next, select Copy from the Edit menu.
- Open a new plain text document in your favorite text editor.
- Select Paste from the text editor's Edit menu.
- Save the new text file to your hard drive, giving it a file name with
file extension ".txt" or ".csv"..
NOTE: In Mozilla Firefox, the text file can be saved using Save Page As... in the Firefox
but this results in the right-most column heading "Energy Value" being split in two, with "Value"
on a line by itself. A text editor can be used to reunite the column header.
Please send questions and comments to
Return to RReDC home page